SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE – BIODIVERSITY OF RURAL AREAS (SESION III)
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE – BIODIVERSITY OF RURAL AREAS
Panel dedicated to the issue of biodiversity in rural areas. The biodiversity will be considered in a broad spectre, at many levels of an organization, including landscape, biocenotic, species. The interchange of views shall address issues such as:
- the current condition of biodiversity in rural areas;
- threats to the preservation of biodiversity and trends of changes resulting from changing technologies in agriculture; examples of biodiversity loss;
- effects of biodiversity loss on the development potential of rural areas in the following aspects: economic, social, environmental;
- biodiversity vs the quality of life of rural residents;
- opportunities to take action to preserve and restore biodiversity on either a local, regional and global scale.